Best Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
One of everyone’s favorite things to do in Los Cabos is to eat out in any of the many world-class restaurants and local treasures. Los Cabos restaurants really have it all. With a steady stream of visitors creating plenty of demand, Los Cabos responds in fine style. Want Mexican food? Something fresh from the sea? Tacos as casual as the beach clothes you are wearing? Or maybe five-star fare? From breakfast to late-night snacking, the best Cabo restaurants might just keep you busy the whole time you are here.
Of course, Los Cabos restaurants can be sorted by the ones in Cabo San Lucas and those in San Jose del Cabo. There is no need to travel far from where you are staying to have interesting choices for dining out. However, if food is your thing, hit the road and you will find that the entire region — from artsy Todos Santos in the north to remote East Cape eateries on the Sea of Cortez — offers a world of great food.
Peruse these Los Cabos dining options to start building your travel itinerary and give us a call at Sea Side Reservations, so we can set you up with five-star accommodations to make your Mexican experience truly remarkable.
Some of the best area’s best dining experiences can be found in San Jose del Cabo including:
- French Riviera Bakery: Authentic French breads, chocolates, cakes, and regional cuisine are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also offer a special Christmas menu.
- Don Sanchez Restaurant: Featuring ingredients fresh from their own farm, Don Sanchez is also the home to more than 300 wines.
- Baja Brewing Company: Los Cabos’ only brewery, Baja Brewing Company’s kitchen offers the things that go well with a cold one (burgers, onion rings, etc.) in a fun atmosphere.
Dining in Cabo San Lucas
For more options, head to Cabo San Lucas and try out some of these favorites:
- Mahi Sushi Bar: This place is casual and has some of the best and freshest seafood, whether prepared traditionally or with a more modern take.
- The Office: On Medano Beach, longtime favorite The Office is touristy to the hilt as well as having one of the most fun bars in Cabo San Lucas.
- Mi Casa: Traditional dishes from all around Mexico are served inside one of Cabo’s oldest haciendas. This long-established eatery has recently opened a second location in the heart of San Jose del Cabo. The owners of Mi Casa also present a variety of different restaurants in Los Cabos, including La Panga, Café Canela, and Peacocks.
- Edith’s Restaurant: With a varied menu, popular and upscale Edith’s is always a good choice. One of the best Cabo restaurants for a steak, Edith’s offers views out across Medano Beach to Cabo’s iconic arch.
- Mama’s Royal Cafe: Sit on the patio and enjoy a Cabo breakfast favorite: French toast flambéd in orange liqueur.
Dining options in Todos Santos
Still haven’t had enough? check out these places a little further up the coast:
- Ristorante Tre Galline: A trip to the small town of Todos Santos on the Pacific side of the Baja Peninsula is just the thing if you want rustic, laid-back charm. Ristorante Tre Galline is a mom-and-pop place specializing in northern Italian cuisine. The restaurant brings in ingredients all the way from Italy.
- Caffe Todos Santos: With a “secret hideaway” vibe, the casual Caffee Todos Santos is a favorite among locals and travelers alike. They are known for heaping generous portions and fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Grab a muffin for breakfast, a Cobb Salad for lunch, or coconut/curry chicken flautas for dinner.
- Landi’s Restaurant: Landi’s is the only restaurant in the heart of Todos Santos where you can enjoy the sunset. They receive rave reviews from visitors praising their friendly wait-staff and incredible margaritas.
Authentic Los Cabos Mexican Restaurants
For a more authentic experience, check out some of the area’s best places loved by travelers and locals alike:
- Los Tres Gallos: A cozy eatery in downtown Cabo San Lucas with a charming courtyard dining area and first-class service, dishing traditional Mexican soups, jalapeño Margaritas, and highly acclaimed mole enchiladas.
- Maria Corona: Enjoy a romantic serenade of live music while eating home-style food prepared from family recipes dating back to the Mexican Revolution. The tortillas are hand-rolled and the guacamole prepared tableside. Highlights include chorizo chiles rellenos, mole chicken, and tortilla soup.
- La Carreta Los Cabos: Want to try Oaxacan cuisine? You won’t find grasshopper tostadas, such rich chocolatey mole sauce, pecan/melon horchata, or tlayuda pizza elsewhere! The vibe is airy, casual, and non-pretentious.
- María Jiménez: This locals-favorite, named after a famous singer, is just north of the main tourist area, but it’s well worth the trek. The family-run establishment is intimate, the portions are generous, the drinks are refreshing, and prices are reasonable. Dig into signature comfort foods like chile rellenos and enchiladas.
Additional Resources for Dining out in Cabo: