ESL Reference Guide for Spanish Speakers
- Match Opposites – This printable worksheet can help you learn words and their opposites!
- ESL Vocabulary Lists – Learn the meanings of common English words by listening to audio that helps with pronunciation.
- Vocabulary Exercises – At this link, you’ll find picture vocabulary, word lists, verbal phrases, quizzes, lessons and other helpful tools to learn English vocabulary.
- English Vocabulary Word Lists – The Many Things website offers a great collection of online ESL activities, such as vocabulary word lists, games, puzzles and quizzes, and more!
- Language Guide Vocabulary Lessons – Covering topics such as general writing, numbers, the body, clothing, food, and more, this vocabulary list will help you learn basic English vocabulary. By placing the cursor over the words, you can hear how they sound.
- Word Dynamo Quiz – How many English words do you know? Test your vocabulary with these online quizes!
- Learning Chocolate – This website is a vocabulary learning platform that includes pictures and sound files to help you learn the meanings of many words. Choose from a variety of topics like action verbs, activities, travel, health, time, driving, and many, many more!
- Video Lessons – This page includes a list of video lessons that will teach you about basic English vocabulary.
- Matching Words – For more advanced learners, TEFLGames.com provides you with fun ESL games like matching opposites, synonyms, verbs, and more!
- English Language Grammar Games – The Game Zone website provides you with fun ESL games to teach you grammar and vocabulary!
- Phrase Verb Memory Game – On this page, you can find a fun game of memory that will help you learn the meaning of verbs.
- Go for Grammar Gold: Geared for grades 1-5, this lessons get more advanced by age level.
- Dave’s ESL Cafe – One of the most expansive ESL learning resources on the Internet, this website has an incredible list of grammar exercise.
- Grammar Terms – Click this link to find a comprehensive list of grammar terms. Click on each term to find its meaning, examples, and how to use it properly in a sentence.
- Spelling City – Find some fun games that help improve spelling skills in a fun way!
- ESL Spelling Challenge – Create your own spelling worksheets or use the ones provided on this interactive website. The site also provides spelling crossword puzzles!
- Spelling Worksheets – People of varying age levels can use the English teaching worksheets on this page to help practice spelling.
- Spelling Activities for Kids – Mostly geared toward younger ages, this website has lots of activities kids can use to practice spelling.
- Helping ESL Students Understand Written Texts – This page has many tips and ideas for helping ESL students learn how to not only read text but comprehend it, as well.
- ESL Study Zone – This English Language Center has tons of reading comprehension activities for readers at upper beginner, lower intermediate, intermediate, upper intermediate and advanced reading levels.
- Dan Kurland’s Critical Reading – This website for advanced students provides lessons about reading and writing, critical reading, inference, choices, ways to read, and other grammar topics.
- Study Skills for Effective Reading – Learn how to read more effectively, how to pace yourself, how to read with a purpose, and much more with this helpful guide.
- English Listening – Listen to English speakers talk to improve your listening and reading comprehension. Each clip comes with a test you can use to check your understanding.
- ESL Partyland Reading Help – This website not only helps with reading for ESL students, but it has a huge selection of other reference topics to choose from, as well!
- Reading Tutorials and Instructional Programs for ESL Students – This page features a collection of exercises including reading skills, practice exercises, questions, and tests.
Miscellaneous ESL Resources
- Flashcards, Games, Worksheets and More: The ESL-Kids website provides you with printable flashcards, worksheets and “in class” follow-along lessons, for a variety of subjects.
- Handwriting Help – Print these worksheets and use them to practice English handwriting.
- Free ESL Worksheets – On this website, you can print your own free ESL worksheets, focusing on a variety of topics such as handwriting, holiday lessons, geography lessons, and more!
- Custom Bingo Cards – Print your own bingo cards to help kids learn English! With many different themes and sizes, it’s a great way to help kids learn!
- ESL Activities – This ESL website is filled with activities like ESL bingo, printable worksheets, interactive tools, flashcards, and so much more.
- Slang Game – Follow this link to find a fun game with multiple-choice questions and learn about English idioms!
- Writing Tools and other Writing Activities – This page includes TONS of references to help you practice writing in English. It is great for all ages!
- Bright Ideas for Teaching ESL: Choose whether you are a teacher or a student on ESLMania’s website, and you can find a slew of different topics to choose from, including multimedia exercises, reference tools, books and more!
- The English Club – Whether you’re learning English or teaching English, this online community provides all the help and resources you need!
- Cool Sites for ESL Students – Click this link to find a huge collection of websites for ESL students, with resources on listening comprehension, reading, speaking, writing, and more!